[clug] Is this relevant? - was "Pipped at the post"

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 03:18:26 MDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:11:56 +1100, Daniel Pittman wrote:

> Er, that would be for running the Android OS on your x86 computer, like
> you would run Windows or Linux.  It isn't connected to what you are
> aiming to do.

It might help - if it turns out that I can establish a usb-connection
between the tablet and the Android partition of the computer.  The
battery of the tablet soon runs out of steam and also the tablet appears
to be very sensitive to elevated temperatures.  If I do my Internet
surfing on my computer and then copy (via a usb-connection) relevant
items to the tablet, it may compensate for some of the tablet's
limitations.

The quoted Android install instructions have uncovered yet another
possibility.

My current Debian 5.0 is based on kernel 2.6.28; Android (1.6) uses a
version of kernel 2.6.29.  I believe that my current identification of
devices - /dev/hda..../dev/hdd - is scheduled to be replaced by /dev/sda,
etc. (for reasons that are well beyond my comprehension).

Perhaps this has happened in the version of the kernel that my tablet
uses.  If so, then the tablet and my current computer OS may have
different ideas about what is meant by "/dev/sda1".

Felix

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)