[clug] Countdown Timer

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Oct 26 02:31:51 MDT 2010

Hal Ashburner <hal at ashburner.info> writes:
> On 26/Oct/10 7:04 PM, Alex Satrapa wrote:
>> On 26/10/2010, at 18:15 , Lana Brindley wrote:
>>
>>> I want to try and rig up some kind of a countdown timer to use on the front
>>> of a stage to time talks, TED style.
>> Not hardware, not hacking, but here's my five seconds of research:
>> http://www.centraltoastmasters.org/timer.html
>
> I'm loving the http://www.centraltoastmasters.org/timer.js copyright notice
> from 2001. :)

This is one of those few programming jobs that you /can/ get right, bug free,
and finished the first time.  Which means no changes since 2001 is pretty
reasonable and all.

        Daniel

You do know that you should only update the copyright notice years when you
make "substantial" changes to the code, sufficient to replace the old
copyright date with the new, no?