[clug] A "mount" defeat - was Re: Persuading Debian to talk to an Android tablet via USB?

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:13:36 MDT 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:48:14 +1100, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> On 22/10/2010, at 07:56 , Felix Karpfen wrote:
>
>> I would be grateful for pointers to what I need to look for - just to
>> spare me from purchasing more duds.
>
> Logitech make a nice neat little four-port USB 2.0 powered hub[1]. It's
> delivering enough current to charge my iPhone, not quite enough to
> charge the iPad (but then the iPad wants 10W, and is shipped with a
> custom charger which can deliver the above-standard current).

I took your advice and ordered one - despite the fact that I have *no*
idea what the hub is designed to do.  With luck, that question will be
answered when the hub arrives.

Like your iPad, my tablet was also shipped with a charger; unlike the
shipped USB-connector (and the purchased SD Card Reader), the charger
works. Hopefully, the offered diagnosis (that my problems are caused by
my aged computer) will prove to be correct.

Thank you for the pointer.

Felix

--
Felix Karpfen