[clug] A "mount" defeat - was Re: Persuading Debian to talk to an Android tablet via USB?

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Thu Oct 21 17:20:29 MDT 2010

Hi Felix,
What to look for in hardware purchases to avoid hassle is actually a difficult and deep question. One of the many things professional system administrators know vastly better than me.
It's even harder with really cheap stuff because nobody reviews it and yesterday's model isn't available.

Maybe a slightly more expensive card reader that reads many different kinds of card, sd, cf etc. that has a micro usb port on it? You could then plug it in to 2 usb ports on your computer with one of these dual plug cords IF power is the problem. It may be just that your $3 reader is borked... You could test it in a shop on a laptop to find out.

To CLUG experts, will a powered USB hub work if power is felix's problem? I think so but am inclined to ask for a second opinion.

--
Hal
(This mail was brought to you by mobile phone typing induced brevity.)