[clug] what do I do if I'm being hit by a foreign server?

Stephen Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Oct 17 16:52:00 MDT 2010

  On 10/18/2010 08:08 AM, Daniel Rose wrote:
> <snip>
> Since the website seems fairly neglected, you could email the hosting
> company, but personally I'd move on

Which of course totally ignores the fact that this is generating traffic
on the link, therefore using up quota and racking up costs. Sure, it's
only 40k packets per second, but we're only halfway through the month,
right?

My 2cents is: email the hosting company and let them know an account on
their box is being used for nefarious purposes, and also email your ISP
and let them know you're being hit with traffic on the relevant port
from the relevant host, and could they possibly block it at their edge,
or better yet, upstream. If you ISP isn't interested in doing this, find
another ISP.