[clug] Persuading Debian to talk to an Android tablet via USB?

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Wed Oct 13 21:17:02 MDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 02:31 +0000, Felix Karpfen wrote:
> The fly in the ointment is that my tablet's battery is small and runs
> down quickly (in less than 2 hours of constant use or 48 hours of
> hibernation).

Does your M001 actually support hibernation? AFAIK their linux kernel
doesn't support any suspend/hibernate modes yet, and even if you choose
"Hibernate" in Android it will go through a full boot cycle. Although
maybe that's changed in the latest release.

(FWIW, I enabled cpufreq scaling support in the M001 linux kernel a
while ago[1], and have seen reports this can give an extra 30 minutes or
so of e-book reading time. I was going to look at the possibilities for
implementing suspend-to-RAM when I have the time - the feature is
documented in the SoC datasheet but AFAIK not implemented in VIA's
kernel.)

Cheers,

Angus

[1]