[clug] Persuading Debian to talk to an Android tablet via USB?

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:31:46 MDT 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:53:06 +1100, Paul Wayper wrote:

>I'm looking at getting a small tablet machine for my
> kitchen to display photos, look up the weather, store recipes, etc.  I
> found http://motiontek.com.au/ with two machines - the $900 one looks
> better for me.

In theory, my recently-purchased tablet can do all of the above; photo
album and weather (Beijing - by default, but easily switched to Canberra)
are parts of the supplied package.  And I have just downloaded a file
reader that will read my stored personal recipes.

The fly in the ointment is that my tablet's battery is small and runs
down quickly (in less than 2 hours of constant use or 48 hours of
hibernation).  But there are better quality Android tablets and all of
them recognise Linux automatically (so I have been told!).

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)