[clug] Multi-seating

Francis Markham fmarkham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:46:47 MDT 2010

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience with multi-seating in linux?  I am wanting
to seat up a kiosk style computer for an ultra low-powered, rugged
outdoor setting, and realised that I could perhaps dual-seat it
without hugely increasing the hardware/chassis cost if its designed in
from the start.

The intended specs are either be a SBC-FITPC2 (Atom Z530 1.6) max ram
(1gb) and 60GB SSD or an Intel D945GSEJT atom N270 with similar specs.

Would a dual-seat set up be:

a) Stable?
b) Able to handle both seats playing web video (~ youtube quality) simultaneous?

Any advice on this issue would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Francis Markham