[clug] Persuading Debian to talk to an Android tablet via USB?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 04:22:56 MDT 2010

On 12 October 2010 21:09, Felix Karpfen <felix.karpfen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have purchased an Android tablet (a Chinese copy of the Eken M001) and
> successfully installed FBReader onto it.
>
> This has achieved almost everything that I wanted from my purchase. I can
> now download books from the Internet directly onto the tablet's SD-card
> and the FBReader is set up to find them there.
>
> I had hoped that I could copy my already-downloaded books from my
> computer to the SD_card.  So far, I have failed.  I suspect that the
> instructions for connecting the tablet to a computer (via an USB cable)
> presume that my computer is running an MS operating system.  In fact, it
> is running Debian (Lenny).
>
> Is it a lost cause?

I believe Bob has one of these.

However, if the computer can't detect the reader then it may be a
kernel issue.  Did you compile your own kernel or use the default
distro one?

I had trouble getting my Gentoo box to detect my e-reader until I
enabled a kernel option (something about all LUNs in the SCSI section)
for the host-side USB stuff to work.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com