[clug] Persuading Debian to talk to an Android tablet via USB?

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 04:09:29 MDT 2010

I have purchased an Android tablet (a Chinese copy of the Eken M001) and
successfully installed FBReader onto it.

This has achieved almost everything that I wanted from my purchase. I can
now download books from the Internet directly onto the tablet's SD-card
and the FBReader is set up to find them there.

I had hoped that I could copy my already-downloaded books from my
computer to the SD_card.  So far, I have failed.  I suspect that the
instructions for connecting the tablet to a computer (via an USB cable)
presume that my computer is running an MS operating system.  In fact, it
is running Debian (Lenny).

Is it a lost cause?

Felix Karpfen

--