[clug] Enterprise Linux use

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 03:01:53 MDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM, David Austin <david at d-austin.net> wrote:
>  Initiative, quality and saving money are usually not rewarded in the
> government.

Thanks Eeyore. :-)

Actually they are. You just have to lift your head a tad. And the
pressure for all of those wonderful things happening is becoming
acute.

I was in a meeting 3 weeks ago with the most entrenched
closed-and-proprietary IT manager I have ever met. He is looking at
bumping Oracle for Postgres and 'reducing expenditure on MS desktop
licenses'. Hello? Will he give that half a mil to Apple? I think not.

--
MC