[clug] unusual spam recently

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Nov 15 01:02:55 MST 2010

On 15/11/2010, at 18:29 , Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> As of early today I received a number of spam messaged titled
> 	Action Required : Upgrade Your New Adobe PDF Reader

I've received a few of those this week already. Apparently we're catching the tail end of a wave that started back in January.

Not sure how they would have snarfed your "unused" email addresses - perhaps the zombie nets are simply bruteforcing every possible email address?

Alex Satrapa | web.mac.com/alexsatrapa | Ph: +61 4 0770 5332