[clug] unusual spam recently

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Nov 15 00:29:49 MST 2010

As of early today I received a number of spam messaged titled
	Action Required : Upgrade Your New Adobe PDF Reader

Nothing out of the ordinary here, except that these were sent to
aliases that I hardly ever use, mostly created for one purpose
and only used by the one business at very low frequency.

The only place where these all meet (except for my own machine)
is the pcug mail server.

Not having seen these in the past, I wonder what started this flood.

I doubt tip collects (let alone sells) such information.

I have not installed any new software on my machine (vanilla f13).
I collect mail using thunderbird/pop3, which I will be surprised if it
published my address book.

Google had no hit for that title.

Is anyone else seeing such an event? Does anyone have an idea where
else I should look?

TIA

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)