[clug] logwatch question

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri May 28 04:32:23 MDT 2010

On 05/28/2010 08:16 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> --mailto does force itself correctly. However, the From is still my
> workstation internal
> hostname which is not resolvable outside and this prevents the mail
> from being delivered.
>
> cheers
> Eyal
Can you add an entry in your hosts file on your mailserver pointing to
the public IP the mail will come from, or, if the IP is dynamic, add a
CNAME to a dyndns style FQDN in your DNS zonefile?

I got around this problem by just doing the later, until I got a static
IP, at which point I just added a DNS 'A' entry to the zonefile..