[clug] [For Sale] Anyone else want an elster reed switch probe?

Neil Pickford neilp at goldweb.com.au
Fri May 28 04:15:32 MDT 2010

Hi Michael

Have checked my meter and it is a recent RMC DN25 Reliance Endurance
Multijet Turbine Meter.  It does have a location in the face for a reed
switch, but I'm not sure if the Elster V100 one would be compatible.

I think yours is a Elster Model 20 mm V100 Water Meter:
<http://www.measurement.gov.au/Publications/CertificateOfApproval/OtherInstruments/Water_utility_Meters/Documents/14-3-120071011131054.pdf>

The RMC meter design has a rectangular indent in the perspect face plate
over the 10 litre dial.  I suspect the 10 litre dial pointer is a magnet
as it claims 1 pulse per 10 litres.

<http://www.relianceworldwide.com.au/files/spec_sheets/endurance20-25.pdf>
<http://www.relianceworldwide.com.au/files/WaterMeterGuide.pdf> gives a
good view of the faceplate and rectangular indent.

Now I have looked at it I think I might be able to pot my own reed
switch to fit in the indent.

Alex asked what to connect it to.

I intend using the Dual Counter 1 Wire board that uses a DS2423
counter/memory chip.
<http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=42>
This will count the pulses and present them on my 1Wire measurement bus.

This in turn is monitored by OWFS (a FUSE virtual file system) on a
Linux server.  This allows scripts to directly interrogate the hardware
counter under control from CRON.  Data is presented thru RRDTOOL

Neil Pickford
VK1NP