[clug] FW: Anyone want to give a talk for this week's CLUG meeting? [SEC=PERSONAL]

Antti Roppola anttir at elder-gods.net
Tue May 25 23:56:19 MDT 2010

> [mailto:linux-bounces at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Mike Carden
> <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > "Roppola, Antti" <Antti.Roppola at daff.gov.au> writes:
> >
> >> And after that, I'm giving a talk about DIY brain transplants and
> >> cloning.
> >
> > Ooohhh, sounds interesting; is it affordable though?
> >

> From what I can see, biohacking is both costly and horribly
> patent-ridden, but I'm sure Antti will cut through all of that and bring
> along a couple of clones to play with.

Xen has made self brain transplants much more forgiving. You just
open the patient up as a loopback filesystem and graft on the
new cerebral cortex onto the brain stem and the subject doesn't
even realise anything has changed. Much better than the bad old
days of self-surgey using sashroot scalpel where even the slightest
slip left one unable to even drool, let alone undo that fatal slip.

Cheers,

Antti