[clug] Anyone want to give a talk for this week's CLUG meeting? [SEC=PERSONAL]

Hugh Fisher hugh.fisher at anu.edu.au
Tue May 25 17:32:18 MDT 2010

Mike Carden wrote:
> I recall the problems we had with fumes in N101 when we had the laser
> etching demo at CLUG. Are we looking at issues with body fluids and
> carpet for the transplant demo?

Is that all you're worried about?

According to Hollywood, during the CD burning / laser etching
demo we were just one lightning strike away from the machines
becoming sentient and slaughtering us all, the CD burning PC
knocking us down with carefully aimed CD ejects and the laser
etcher cutting the bodies in small cubes.

Now Antti (or more accurately, the intelligence claiming to be
Antti) wants to demonstrate "brain transplants." In a room full
of geeks with highly advanced computers and easy access to fast
network connections and computational clusters. Don't people
remember The Matrix?

Bring a pitchfork, not carpet cleaner!

	cheers,
	Hugh