[clug] The harsh realities of CLUG

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon May 24 05:45:37 MDT 2010

On 05/24/2010 09:19 PM, Paul Wayper wrote:
> Sounds great.  You're volunteering to do that, right?

And just to temper the people getting ready to volunteer their copious
free time to making the new website happen (without or without including
the sysadmins in the conversation), what ever you go with needs to run
properly from day dot.

TonyB and I are really trying to make what ever gets deployed around the
place gets done so properly. This means that any website users needs to
be confirmed as real people (via reply and confirm, etc), ACL's need to
be set, enforced and monitored on pages, RT will handle multiple queues
and alerts and escalations, etc.

We're happy to work with whoever wants to deploy whatever, but it needs
to be done properly, and that means a large chunk of time will be needed
from whoever wants to be involved at setup time to make sure it's done
properly.

I think proper steps need to be taken, and there needs to be a
discussion on how, what, where and, most importantly of all *who* will
make this happen.

Steve