[clug] dokuwiki owner?

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Fri May 21 19:53:25 MDT 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Adam Baxter <voltagex at voltagex.org> wrote:
> I'd say we'll trash dokuwiki as soon as I or someone else can find a better
> replacement. It's only because my poor little VPS wouldn't handle MediaWiki

you are possibly right, but I was not unimpressed with dokuwiki, even
though I had never used it before.  It was easy to use and the result
was reasonably clean.

Wikimedia might be a better choice though, for the social reasons of
its ubiquity more than anything technical.

> I do like the look of the http://www.wlug.org.nz wiki, but I'd need some
> help to set that up.

I don't like the look at all - looks like a graphic designer (ptui!)
has been at it :)  I find it too bespoke and too busy.

> I just installed the Google Maps plugin, syntax and info at
> http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:google_maps

Can't get it to work.  Fragments copied from other dokuwiki sites
don't work either.  have left all the bits in the 'playground'

jim