[clug] Multiport video capture cards

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri May 21 02:46:00 MDT 2010

Jeff <jeffm at ghostgun.com> writes:

FWIW, a bunch of the digital cameras that connect to Ethernet, like the Axis
devices, have an "industry standard" interface that 'motion' and related
projects can talk to.

Many of 'em also ship plain MJPEG streams, which is all you really need to
make this sort of thing work.

While that is more complex at the camera site than a dumb camera and
multi-port video capture card, it may pay you back with simpler support and
more capacity to upgrade your capture server.

Regards,
        Daniel

PS: If y'all insist on top-posting, can you at least please trim the mailing
list signatures, etc, out of the messages?  They otherwise throw enormous
amounts of want into the whole communication.