[clug] The harsh realities of CLUG (Interim Summary)

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Thu May 20 05:44:52 MDT 2010

> I wasn't saying this would be permanent, just there's a lot of good ideas flying around right now that could use documenting...

Sure, I agree.

It's just that (as I re-read in that old thread just now) many CLUG
peoples have ready access to hosting arrangements where they'd happily
park CLUG stuff. Some might even do admin.

(please, nobody ask Mikal Still about all the domains he owns... )

But people come and go and change interests or have shifting
priorities etc. The mailing list being hosted at samba.org, while
almost an accident of circumstance, has turned out to be a solid
decision because samba has proved persistent. And the web site is just
a legacy shadow of CLUG many years ago.

--
MC