[clug] The harsh realities of CLUG

Hal hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Wed May 19 04:17:04 MDT 2010

>> For me, the only real change I'd like, is a phone call on the day to
>> remind me the CLUG or PSIG meeting is on, as I seem to only remember
>> after getting home and sitting down, hearing the clock strike 8pm, then
>> think...ah CLUG...oh well next month.  :)

Does CLUG have an ical service?
If so one solution is to plug it and yourself into the
google-matrix-calendar, then configure and turn on sms reminder
notifications with N hours notice for CLUG & PSIG meetings. Me I'm all
jacked in to thunderbird lightning on desktops and laptops on differing
operating systems, the n900 calendar using Erminig-ng and a web
interface exists too...
So yeah I can totally hear the sound of deadlines as they go wooshing by
as sms alert chimes, Dougie Adams would be so proud of me.

Not sure how the above fits into JWZ's groupware rant.
http://www.jwz.org/doc/groupware.html