[clug] The harsh realities of CLUG

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:09:17 MDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM, steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> There's AUUG/CAUUG-NG been created as a loose collective like CLUG.
> I.e. there's no formal structure with a bank account and cheque book.
> [and indemnity insurance].  Might Linux Australia do this?

There is currently the idea that groups can set up as sub-committees
of Linux Australia and take advantage of insurance and infrastructural
things that LA has. Pycon is one such and there are murmurings of a
Drupal group in Melbourne forming soon.

So if someone has a plan, run it up the LA flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

--
MC