[clug] Reading strace output [SEC=PERSONAL]

Roppola, Antti Antti.Roppola at daff.gov.au
Thu May 13 21:42:23 MDT 2010

At this point I'd be using "tail -f" or grep on the database server's
logs to establish why access is denied. As it's intermittent, number of
allowed connections, stale connections, licesning or other resources are
top suspects.

If the application isn't handling denied connections gracefully, the
next step would be to deliberately revoke DB access in an attempt to
reliably replicate any bad behaviour.

Antti