[clug] Ubuntu Lynx (10.04) bugs [was: Ubuntu Lynx (10.04) and window button positions]

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Tue May 11 06:27:58 MDT 2010

an old thread, but after finding and trying a number of multiline scripts on
various forums, I found this on
http://linux.about.com/od/ubuntu_doc/a/ubudg10t18.htm that seemed to reset
and clean out the gnome panel:

sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart

at least on the EeePC... yet to try it on the Vaio...

network manager, speaker, battery, etc applets are back and can now see all
the wireless networks, select them and connect to the usb wire modem.

happy now... :)

creating and logging in as a new user also got things back, but felt like a
bit of an amateur hour kludge...

jim