[clug] Diskless mythfrontend and NVIDIA problems

Peter Lavender plaven at internode.on.net
Sat May 8 22:52:03 MDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 13:23 +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:

>   echo 'blacklist nouveau' | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf
>   # ...and now rebuild your initramfs, if that loads the module.

And this is that head slapping moment you get when someone happens to
say the right thing to prompt some thought about the process.

> That should sort you out: modprobe is then configured to blacklist that
> specific module, so it should never, ever, ever put it into the kernel no
> matter who asks.

And indeed this is the case.

I had to run ltsp-update-kernels, and then ltsp-update-image.

Thanks... I now have the nvidia module running.

Now to fix up the xorg.conf file.

Peter.