[clug] Local Mail Howto

Keith Goggin keith.goggin at bigpond.com
Thu May 6 01:47:35 MDT 2010

Hi List,

Can someone point me to a solution to this problem?

I'm running a home LAN on my Netcomm 3G9WB default address 10.0.0.138

I have configured a second IP Address 192.168.1.1 and Subnet Mask for a
LAN interface for my Wireless Linksys WVC54G camera default address
192.168.1.115. (I know the Linksys doesn't play nice if reconfigured to
the 10.0.0 sub net.)

The 3G9WB is configured as a Wireless Access Point and I can view the
video stream on my desktop using a particular browser in a virtual box.

The camera has a facility which will email me a short video clip when it
detects any motion.

So far so good...

The problem is emails are not getting through, I get the following error
on the Linksys log:-

05/06/2010 05:07:49 Send e-mail error.
05/06/2010 05:07:45 Motion detected.

It may be the email facility doesn't work or more likely it may be my
error setting it up.

I've tried local addresses such as

Send To:                user at local.network.name
Show "From" as:    camera at local.network.name
Outgoing Mail
SMTP Server:        localhost (and I've tried 10.0.0.1)

Any help appreciated.