[clug] Ubuntu Lynx (10.04) bugs [was: Ubuntu Lynx (10.04) and window button positions]

Michael Manning michael at michaelmanning.org
Tue May 4 06:00:21 MDT 2010

On a slightly different tac I had some problems with NetworkManager and my
broadcom wifi card which nearly sent me loopy between the STA drivers,
fw-cutter and nddliswrapper.

What I found was that when correctly configured all drivers actually worked
but not with NetworkManager.

The solution was to remove NetworkManager entirely and use WICD as the
network manager application. Problem solved. WICD is not as seamless as
NetworkManager in many ways, but did get over what was a show stopper for
me.

Like I said, slightly different problem but may be of some use to try WICD.

Cheers,
Michael Manning
http://twitter.com/mmanning13
Sent from my Nexus One using Android