[clug] Ubuntu Lynx (10.04) and window button positions

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon May 3 15:33:47 MDT 2010

Just a quick heads up for those who want the metacity
close/minimize/maximise buttons back on the right side of the window.
There has been a heap of noise about this but for a quick fix just do
this:

   $ gconftool-2 -s /apps/metacity/general/button_layout --type=string
menu:minimize,maximize,close

You can also use the pointy-click gconf-editor to do this but I like
the above as I can script it.

Beyond that I am liking the latest release so far, I can now add more
things to my list of "just works" with my laptop. Best of all I am now
using the nouveau driver instead of the nvidia binary blob.

   http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/

So far everything is blue skies and rainbows.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)