[clug] Wikipedia and Deletionism

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Mar 30 19:12:47 MDT 2010

Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> writes:
> On 31/03/2010, at 07:06 , Karun Dambiec wrote:
>
>> I've gone and withdrawn from my contributions to mediawiki and
>> wikipedia. It's just to difficult now for an ordinary person to create an
>> article or revise one, with out almost instantly having to justify why it
>> should not be deleted, or reverted.
>
> So the Chinese/commercial encyclopaedias are winning?

It turns out that the tragedy of the commons, and the has-no-catchy-name
problem that small power attracts small people, are still in full force.
Film at 11, I guess.

        Daniel

You run into the same sort of petty, silly, and essentially wasteful
power-play behaviour in building management for shared title, school boards,
and small clubs all the time.