[clug] Not linux, solaris & nx

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Mar 30 18:23:33 MDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:52:29AM +1100, Adrian wrote:
> I am trying to install NX on a solaris machine. Client and node
> install but the server fails. here is the message:
>
> ## Executing postinstall script.
> NX> 700 Installing: server at: Wed Mar 31 09:30:02 2010.
> NX> 700 Autodetected system: solaris.
> NX> 700 Install log is: /usr/NX/var/log/install.
> NX> 700 ERROR: Cannot unlock account for user: nx.

I have worked hard at purging my solaris packaging info. :D
but that ERROR: line would seem to be important.

I'm guessing that you don;t have an nx user.  Try creatign one, or if it exists
lock it :)

If that doesn't help then you'll need to try un-packing the package to see what
the post-install script is doing.

Yours Tony