[clug] GFS - add some more abstraction [SEC=PERSONAL]

Anshul Gupta email.agupta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 17:49:39 MDT 2010

GFS has to be added as a service under RH Cluster Suite to operate as designed. This means it will need all software components that RHCS needs and in addition will also need shared SCSI 3 persistent reservation LUN (storage fencing), a hardware power switch or integration with onboard admin card to switch off the node (STONITH) etc .

Any CFS correctly deployed will be more scalable compared to NFS. You can also share GFS over the network using GFS Network Block Device (GNBD). However you are right in saying that GFS has more overheads compared to NFS and is not ideal for running in a small environment.

Cheers,

Anshul