[clug] SSL Man-in-the-Middle attack - by "Law Enforcement"?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 19:42:10 MDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:14, Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:
> I'm preparing for the coming apocalypse by learning how to grow my own vegetables, in the guise of becoming a domesticated/house-broken male human.

Does a Linux based controller for my home hydroponics setup (for
_VEGETABLES_! I might stress) count?  So far I have just used a heap
of cheap mechanical timers to turn pumps on and off but have always
thought this would be a great project for some arduino/controller type
of thing.

Being an ex-QLD'er who is used to just hurling the odd seed out the
back door and having everything just grow by itself I have had to
change my tactics.  I have had precious little success with capsicum
and leafy things here as the grubs and slugs think it's picnic time.
Big stuff like corn, pumpkin, potatoes and watermelon are OK. Thus I
have resorted to PVC stormwater pipe 'art' filled with perlite and
cheap $10 fish pond pumps in garbage bins..

   http://picasaweb.google.com.au/a.janke/HomeHydroponics#

I _need_ to get to a CLUG meeting and learn about these little control
devices one day...

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)