[clug] Wikipedia and Deletionism

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:37:05 MDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:30, Jason <j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that wikipedia is making decisions about whether or not they are
> the correct place to list information on floss projects, is there a
> secondary location to move this data to?

If the page is/was more of a HOWTO do stuff or manual page re-write
perhaps wikibooks. I use it for a FLOSS project I have had a long
association with:

   http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC

Or for a more specific page on a tool:

   http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Tools/mni_autoreg

Haven't had deletion troubles yet beyond when I started to make a
bunch of shell pages and hadn't added content yet...  I have now
discovered how to make comments in wiki markup so I flesh things out
via that method instead.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)