[clug] alias screen=screen -e^\`\` from putty

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Mon Mar 22 22:18:10 MDT 2010

On 22/03/2010, at 7:14 PM, Daniel Pittman wrote:

> Anyway, more usefully, I ended up binding C-] to my screen escape as the best
> conjunction of little-used, easy to type, and available everywhere.

I use the backtick character which I think I inherited from tridge.  The only drawback is cutting and pasting command lines can have bizzare but usually non-fatal effects.  Unfortunately this keybinding has moved from my brain to my fingers so it will be impossible to change now.  (-:

$ cat ~/.screenrc
escape ``
startup_message off
defscrollback 5000