[clug] alias screen=screen -e^\`\` from putty

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 23:59:29 MDT 2010

I prefer to use screen -e^\`\` as my screen alias. I use the default
keybindings with my shell, which I think are emacs, ctrl+a is awfully
useful to edit the start of the line. This is all great. Except if I'm
using putty to ssh into a server. Screen never seems to get the
control+` keystroke chord. I'm not sure if this is putty not sending it
or some TERM=voodoo voodoo or something else.
Any clues? (other than resume screen with $ screen -e^aA -rd when using
putty).
Cheers,
Hal