[clug] Stallman visit

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Wed Mar 17 18:23:13 MDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Ivan Miljenovic
<ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> And if he doesn't like it, we can always say we're keeping it for
> historic reasons (people know it, etc.).

Wait, I've got it...

When RMS comes to town, we'll change it to "Canberra GNU/Linux User
Group" so as not to offend.

When Linus comes to town, we'll get rid of the "Free" perspective and
revert to "Canberra Linux User Group".

Let me quote Linus from one of my own articles:
"There are "extremists" in the free software world, but that's one
major reason why I don't call what I do "free software" any more. I
don't want to be associated with the people for whom it's about
exclusion and hatred."

-c