[clug] Stallman visit

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Wed Mar 17 18:09:20 MDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Steven Hanley <sjh at svana.org> wrote:
> Just a thought, Bob just suggested that maybe RMS will not want to visit
> CLUG asw we do not include Gnu in the name of the user group.

Are we actually about freedom of software, or about the Linux kernel itself?

If we swapped out GNU with BSD userland, but kept the Linux kernel,
would CLUG lose its meaning?
If we swapped out Linux for Hurd, would CLUG lose its meaning?

Are we pushing RMS's agenda, or do we just like the idea of "open
source software," specifically Linux. We can like Free software
without needing to push or be a part of his agenda.

Quite frankly I think we're free to call our group whatever the hell we want to.

-c