[clug] Arlec surge protector [SEC=PERSONAL]

Roppola, Antti Antti.Roppola at daff.gov.au
Wed Mar 17 17:34:28 MDT 2010

I developed some metrics on this a while ago:
 - the indivisible fundamental particle of intelligence is the "Cluon";
 - one Cluon is the amount of intelligence required to operate a light
switch;
 - other activities can be described in terms of the number of Clouns
required.

For example:
Cluons	Task
0		Drool (autonomous reflex)
1		Operate light switch
10		Walk
30		Walk and chew gum at thee same time
100		Tie shoe laces
1000		Install Internet connection
1x10^4	Understand and compute IPV4 network notations (addresses,
networks & masks)
1x10^12	Write your own kernel, hypervisor, network stack or RCS

Some researchers have theorised about what energy might be given off by
splitting the Cluon.

Cheers,

Antti