[clug] Timer closing on window shutters

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Mar 14 00:21:36 MST 2010

Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> writes:
> On 14/03/2010, at 12:33 , jhock wrote:
>
>> I want to install some window rollers shutters. I would also like to
>> have them automatically shut at certain times when the sun is not
>> shining on them to manage the heat gain that they will provide.
>
> "Focus" install battery-operated roller shutters. They use a battery
> controller since mains-powered controllers would require an electrician to
> install and test the controllers, yadda yadda.

Do they ship with a safety cut-off that detects obstruction, and stops the
processes of opening or closing if something gets in the way?

If not, the OP probably wants to be pretty careful that he isn't building a
legal issue for himself.  A manual-only design can easily get away without
that sort of cut-off on the basis that someone has to be pushing a button to
operate it.

Hook that up to a computer that can't respond to screams and, well...

        Daniel