[clug] SPLAT Signal Propagation, Loss, And Terrain analysis tool [SEC=PERSONAL]

Roppola, Antti Antti.Roppola at daff.gov.au
Mon Mar 1 16:37:24 MST 2010

Hi Keith,

In short, yes it is.

I had a quick look at Splat and it appears to generae analyses as raster
layers which are almost certainily fixed to some real-world coordinate
space. This means any GIS (like the FOSS QuantumGIS) will be able to
overlay your signal coverage on the Topo250 data.

However I notice that Topo250 is published as a convenient WMS service:
http://mapconnect.ga.gov.au/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?Version=1.
1.1&Request=getcapabilities&Service=WMS&Servicename=GDA94_MapConnect_SDE
_250kmap_WMS&

If you want to do a little more work up-front to publish your analyses
as WMS service, it would be a pretty trivial OpenLayers project to
overlay your results with that or any other WMS (like Open Street Map).
Here's an example overlaying OSM on the OpenLayers base:
http://www.elder-gods.net/hastur/foss4g2009/openlayers/index2.html

Cheers,

Antti