[clug] Software Freedom Day 2010 plans

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 29 23:39:58 MDT 2010

On 30/06/10 08:24, Paul Wayper wrote:

Not putting my hand up for anything concrete yet as I may be OS at that
time.  Still trying to make arrangements.

However, I would like to throw a couple of ideas into the pot for
marketing the event:

1.  Have someone prepare 250-300 words on the FOSS concept, features and
benefits and offer it to the Canberra Times, Chronical and City News as
editorial.

2.  Approach Local Radio for a 5 minute or better slot talking about
FOSS.  I wouldn't mind betting ABC Local would be in it.

3.  Approach major retailers for a donation of a budget Netbook, load on
Linux and offer it as a Raffle Prize during the Computer Fair with the
Raffle to to be drawn at the Install Fest.  Winner gets the netbook and
3 hours of Linux training.  Proceeds to Charity.

But wait, there's more.........no, just kidding.  Just my two bobs worth.

Regards to all
--
Ian Bardsley