[clug] Apple and ePub

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Jun 29 09:35:44 MDT 2010

> Yes, people "file bugs" (Apple has a public bug tracker?  Who knew?)

Who knew? Anyone who bothered to look for it.

> We can even allow people to choose to read all their books in
> Comic Sans.  That's their choice; we don't have to be responsible for it.

More than that - we can't be responsible for it. As authors preparing works in ePub format we must not assume that we have any control whatsoever over the presentation of the work. The arguments on the Internet about styles being broken are as useful as pissing into the wind.

I did the responsible thing and reported the bug. That's the end of the story for me, and I'll be sticking to Stanza for the meantime, when it comes to ePub readers on Apple iOS.