[clug] OT: LauchPad MSP430 dev board

Jeff jeffm at ghostgun.com
Wed Jun 23 01:06:44 MDT 2010

A few of the H/W hacker and embedded developer may be interested in
this. Hack a day had an article on the LauchPad developement platform
for $US4.30 (about $AU 6.84 ) including postage worldwide:
http://hackaday.com/2010/06/22/ti-makes-a-big-bid-for-the-hobby-market/

TI's main LauchPad is:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430_LaunchPad_%28MSP-EXP430G2%29?DCMP=launchpad&HQS=Other+OT+launchpadwiki

Unfortunately, it appears that the tool chain is Windows only at the
moment. From what I've read there's also a GCC tool chain

GCC tool chain for MSP430
http://mspgcc.sourceforge.net/

though I haven't done enough reading at this stage to know if it's
possible to go from idea to programmed device on Linux.

Also, just to round things out there's a JTAG adaptor based on the MSP430:
    GoodFet Programmer
    http://goodfet.sourceforge.net/

Jeff.