[clug] Help in Setting up WiFi

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Tue Jun 22 03:29:37 MDT 2010

Hi Elizabeth,
Bleh. I'm sorry, I should read more closely. No router. You can make the
mac mini a router and this is exactly what you're trying to do.

In the system preferences in the mac mini, "sharing", "internet sharing"
Share connection from: (choose "ethernet")
To computers using (check "AirPort")

(also do the Printer Sharing if you want to print)

Then the airport widgety thing in the bar on the top of the mac mini
screen, click it and select "Create Network"
Do whatever it says, it should be pretty straight forward.

And the mac mini should now be a wireless router.

Join this network with Network Manager with the laptop.

Oh, by the way, slackware scares the piss out of me an I've been using
linux for 7 or more years, maybe someone will correct me but it's not
what I would have recommended for someone new to linux.

Kind regards,
Hal