[clug] PCI WiFi cards

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Mon Jun 21 20:36:28 MDT 2010

I also have Ralink cards, and while I'm not sure I'd go so far as to
recommend them, I haven't had any problems lately, especially in
recent kernels.

I have an old rt2400/rt2460 which is in AP mode (rt2400pci driver in
2.6.33 i686 with hostapd 0.7.1 - this was hard until I figured out the
devel version of hostapd was needed, at which point it became very
easy), and an rt2561/rt61 (Linksys WMP54G ver 4.1) which works fine as
a normal client (managed and adhoc) and sometimes promisc mode for
auditing, using the rt61pci driver in a stock kernel 2.6.29.6 x86_64.

Kev