[clug] [OT] a pet peeve, was Re: does splice work?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Jun 20 01:11:20 MDT 2010

Steve,

Here is how I see it.

It used to be that you were at least at uni before you got any online access. By then
the use of nickname/handle/whatever lost it's shine and you were confident enough
to use your own identity.

Today (and for a few decades now) one starts very early and as such continues the
habit.

Me, I am not bothered, but if I need to start a real discussion I will directly ask.

As for the OP, oferh seems to be a simple short (maybe IT mandated?) for
"Ofer Heifetz" rather than a personal handle.

cheers
	Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)