[clug] Kobo eBook Reader - followup query

Boris Rousak b.rousak at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Jun 14 02:51:40 MDT 2010

about 2 years ago now, bought a Sony prs505 - at the time it was <£200
(as I was buying in UK), but these days, there are plenty second
hand/ebay options for it. So far, it has worked on FC10-12, and Ubuntu
Feisty, Windows XP-7, as it comes up as a storage device that you can
drop books straight onto it. Supports ePub, PDF, RTF. Battery life 3-4
weeks active usage, but drops down to 2 weeks, when the book isn't being
used at all - something I can't explain for the life of me. It runs a
(very) cut down version of linux, so can be hacked to understand other
language fonts and fb2, though i've yet to get a minute to actually try
this.

Cheers,
Boris