[clug] Kobo eBook Reader - followup query

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 19:05:43 MDT 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:23:45 +1000, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:

> Felix Karpfen <felix.karpfen at gmail.com>

>> I currently have downloaded books in the following formats:
>>
>> mobi (non-DMR);
>> fb2;
>> epub;
>> html; and
>> txt.
>>
>> Can these books be loaded into the Kobo reader?  And if not, what are
>> my options?
>
> ePub is the only one of those formats that can be read on the Kobo
> (since it only knows about ePub and PDF).
>
> Your best bet is to use calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) to do the
> conversions from the other formats to ePub for you.

Alas! Life was not meant to be easy.

"calibre" download says:

You need GLIBC 2.10 or higher to run versions greater than 0.6.29.

I currently have glibc-2.7-1.  While I could probably compile an earlier
version from the (sourceforge-supplied) source code, I am reluctant to
deface a clean Debian Lenny setup.  And I am not game to upgrade glibc!

Any other options?  Android tablets can be imported from HongKong; could
they be configured more easily?

Felix

--
Felix Karpfen