[clug] Advice request - "tablet readers" for eBooks

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Jun 9 02:55:56 MDT 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:36:20 +1000
Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:

> Come along to the PSIG on Thursday night, I'll at least have the two
> Apple devices to look at. Hopefully other folks will have other
> hardware readers.

I hope to get to the meeting on Thursday night. I attended Alex's CLUG
presentation and was pretty enthused.

So I went home and wrote an epub that works in FBReader and passes the
http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate/ validation

Unfortunately I don't have an e-reader but want to buy one, and put all
my cheat sheet(s) stuff on it.

There are some things I haven't figured out, but that's not too
important at the moment. I really need to know what it looks like on a
real e-reader.

Does anyone have a Kobo? If so, would you mind downloading my epub at
http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/perl.epub  (19K) and let me know if
it works in that.

Borders are apparently out of local stock at the moment.

TIA

Owen